We are going to be very short and simple with this article, just how we think Compliance should be and that is exactly what we do at Compleye, making it simple! Let´s go over the most asked question about ISO 27001:
What is ISO 27001?
It is an international standard for information security management. It provides a framework for businesses to follow in order to ensure that their information security systems are effective. Additionally, it is a voluntary standard, but many businesses choose to adopt it in order to demonstrate their commitment to information security.
When do companies need this certification?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the specific requirements of the company in question. However, in general, companies may need the certification if they are looking to implement an information security management system (ISMS) or if they are required to do so by their customers or other stakeholders.
Why do you implement ISO 27001?
There are many reasons to implement it, but the most common one is to improve security and reduce risk. Implementing it can help an organization to better protect its data and assets, and to improve its overall security posture. Additionally, ISO 27001 can help an organization to meet compliance requirements, such as those imposed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Is it expensive?
Overall, it is not expensive to implement. The average cost of implementing an ISO 27001 compliant system will vary depending on the size and complexity of your organisation. The cost can drop significantly if you pick the right ISO 27001 compliance software.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001 standard?
There are many benefits including: –Improved security of information and systems
- Greater protection of information assets
- Reduced risk of information breaches
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness of security management
- Improved compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Greater confidence of customers, partners, and shareholders in the security of information
What are the requirements of ISO 27001?
The requirements for the certification are:
- Implement a security management system (ISMS)
- Conduct a risk assessment
- Develop security policies and procedures
- Implement controls to mitigate identified risks
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of the ISMS
- Maintain records of the ISMS
- Communicate the ISMS to all employees
- Train employees on the ISMS
Compleye and ISO 27001
Compleye is the leading provider of ISO 27001 DIY (Do it yourself) platform. Our platform enables startups to develop and implement this compliant Information Security Management System (ISMS).
Compleye’s do it yourself platform is easy to use and provides step–by–step guidance on how to implement an ISMS, including templates and tools for each stage of the process. The platform is also flexible, allowing organisations to tailor their implementation to their specific needs. Find out more here!