Looking for a job?
Be part of a team that Makes compliance (almost) fun!
‘Making compliance (almost) fun’ sounds to most ears like an impossible job, however, at Compleye we (almost) do it! With our specially designed All-in-One DIY Compliance Platform, we enable smarter decisions and stronger performance for organization’s security & privacy priorities without compromising on their quality.
At Compleye we believe in keeping things simple and straightforward to help SaaS Tech start-ups towards their Compliance Roadmap! Ready to become our team member?
We’re looking for a senior (8+ years of experience) Full Stack engineer with a great sense of product and a passion for building world-class software to lead our engineering team.
Compleye was born in 2018 when founder, Karolin Kruiskamp realised that being compliant would become the #1 business driver for all tech start-ups.
We are passionate about compliance and about start-ups. We love spending our time seeing how we can make compliance (almost) fun.
We do this is by taking a lean compliance approach. We keep our team and our approach to compliance lean, using resources cleverly and simplifying complex processes whenever and wherever we can. We also provide an easy-to-use, all-in-one DIY compliance platform to help start-ups towards their ISO 27001, ISO 9001 or SOC-2 certification. We’re a start-up ourselves, so when it comes to being a small company with big ambitions, we get it. We want to help our clients take the next step in their journey towards scaling up and perhaps even becoming global players.
The Compleye working environment, although mostly online, is very sociable and fosters a culture of collaboration, fun, and performance.
We work remotely all over Europe, but we often organise in-real-life get togethers. The team consists of young, passionate people with entrepreneurial mindsets. We thrive on the challenge of making compliance (almost) fun!
You’ll be working on:
- Finding elegant solutions to technical problems.
- System design and architecture.
- Implementing a beautiful and functional user experience.
- Collaborating with our product manager to build innovative new features.
- Designing and optimising our database.
- Ensuring high levels of code quality through automated testing.
- Providing support for the development of internal reporting tools – we use PI dashboard as our reporting platform.
- Mentoring engineers and ensuring they grow professionally.
- Suggesting ways in which we can improve our stack, tooling and processes.
- Troubleshooting and supporting our production environment.
Our current stack:
- Koa – The NodeJS framework that powers our backend and API.
- Angular – Our frontend framework.
- CSS – We use Sass.
- PostgreSQL – Our database of choice.
- GitLab – For source control and deployments.
- AWS – RDS, ECS, and more.
- Tooling – You’ll be guiding us in the best-in-class tooling options.
- Competitive salary based on experience and profile: 75k-90k.
- 100% remote team (or you can work from our Amsterdam office).
- To be an important part of helping us grow our engineering team and develop the engineering culture.
- To develop a deep understanding of our product and make quick, product-related decisions without bureaucracy.
- A full-time position.
- 25 days of holiday per year.
- Bi-annual company offsites where we all get together for a few days.
The interview process:
If you feel that you don’t have the full experience we’re looking for, but feel you could be a good fit and are willing to learn, please do apply. We’re trying to build a diverse and inclusive team.
We know that the interviewing process can be difficult. We’ve designed an interview process that is transparent and quick when it comes to informing interested applicants whether we will continue the process or not.
The following steps are included in our hiring process:
- Send us your CV to William@compleye.io
- (15 minutes) Phone call to get to know you and understand your career goals.
- (1 hour) Video interview to get to know more about you and your professional background.
- (1.5 hour) Low-stress online technical assessment.
- (1 hour) Video chat with our founder and a member of a different team to see if we’re a culture match.
- Offer extended!