Looking for a job?
Be part of a team that Makes compliance (almost) fun!
‘Making compliance (almost) fun’ sounds to most ears like an impossible job, however, at Compleye we (almost) do it! With our specially designed All-in-One DIY Compliance Platform, we enable smarter decisions and stronger performance for organization’s security & privacy priorities without compromising on their quality.
At Compleye we believe in keeping things simple and straightforward to help SaaS Tech start-ups towards their Compliance Roadmap! Ready to become our team member?
We’re looking for a backend engineer with a passion for building maintainable, secure, and performant software.
- Collaborating with our product manager and frontend developers to create a performant, maintainable and secure web application.
- Participating in the full SDLC, right from conceptualisation to post-deployment monitoring and maintenance.
- Developing reusable, testable, and maintainable code using Typescript.
- Designing and implementing APIs.
- Optimising code and database performance to ensure fast loading times.
- Ensuring our application is robust and reliable.
- Testing and debugging issues related to accuracy, performance, and security.
- Staying current with emerging backend technologies, tools, and best practices.
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement and proposing solutions to enhance developer experience and code quality.
- Participating in code reviews to maintain code quality and share knowledge with the team.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for backend code and designing decisions to facilitate knowledge sharing and future development efforts.
Our current stack:
- Koa – The NodeJS framework that powers our backend and API.
- Typescript – We like to be type safe.
- PostgreSQL – Our database of choice.
- TypeORM – Our ORM of choice.
- Jest – For unit testing.
- GitHub – For source control and deployments.
- AWS – RDS, ECS, and more.
- Tooling – Whatever makes you productive.
- Angular – Our frontend framework.
- Competitive salary based on experience and profile: 60k-75k.
- 100% remote team (or you can work from our Amsterdam office).
- To be an important part of helping us grow and develop the engineering culture.
- To make an impact as part of a small but dedicated team.
- To develop a deep understanding of our product and make quick, product-related decisions without bureaucracy.
- Mentorship and growth opportunities from senior engineers.
- A full-time position.
- 25 days of holiday per year.
- Bi-annual company offsites where we all get together for a few days.
If you feel that you don’t meet all the requirements above but feel you could be a good fit and are willing to learn, please do apply. We’re trying to build a diverse and inclusive team.
The interview process:
We know that the interviewing process can be difficult. We’ve designed an interview process that is transparent and quick when it comes to informing interested applicants whether we will continue the process or not.
The following steps are included in our hiring process:
- Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- (30 minutes) Phone call to get to know you and understand your career goals.
- (2 hour) Technical interview. You will have choice of a live coding exercise or take-home project.
- (1 hour) Video chat with our founder, CTO and tech lead to see if we’re a culture match.
- Offer extended!
- We can only hire candidates that are already in the EU. We do not sponsor visas.
- Due to the diversity of nationalities within Compleye, we all communicate in English. Your English should be good enough for business use.
- You will need at least 3 years of experience working as a backend engineer in a professional production environment.
- We will not respond to solicitation by recruiters.
Compleye was born in 2018 when founder, Karolin Kruiskamp realised that being compliant would become the #1 business driver for all tech start-ups.
We are passionate about compliance and about start-ups. We love spending our time seeing how we can make compliance (almost) fun.
We do this is by taking a lean compliance approach. We keep our team and our approach to compliance lean, using resources cleverly and simplifying complex processes whenever and wherever we can. We also provide an easy-to-use, all-in-one DIY compliance platform to help start-ups towards their ISO 27001, ISO 9001 or SOC-2 certification. We’re a start-up ourselves, so when it comes to being a small company with big ambitions, we get it. We want to help our clients take the next step in their journey towards scaling up and perhaps even becoming global players.
The Compleye working environment, although mostly online, is very sociable and fosters a culture of collaboration, fun, and performance.
We work remotely all over Europe, but we often organise in-real-life get togethers. The team consists of a variety of passionate people with entrepreneurial mindsets. We thrive on the challenge of making compliance (almost) fun!