Last updated September 2023
Compleye respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Statement explains who we are, what personal information we collect and why, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
Compleye Coöperatie U.A. incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands with company number 76594289, having its registered office at Kattenburgerstraat 5 in Amsterdam.
With our online platform we support technology driven B2B SMEs in all stages with their compliance challenges. Spend less time managing your compliance with our all-in-one compliance platform. With our website, we provide you with general information on Compliance, the Compleye Product line and offer the opportunity to request a demo and buy products and services.
During this process we collect personal information. We are responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (‘Data Protection Regulation’).
How to Contact our Privacy Officer?
We have appointed a Privacy Officer for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement and/or your rights set forth in this statement. Please contact our Privacy Officer at Info@compleye.io.
What personal information does Compleye collect?
The personal information that we may collect about you falls into the following categories:
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Websites (Compleye.io, Compleye.wiki) or our platform, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your device type, browser-type and broad geographic location (country). We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Websites or platform, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Websites or platform, where they come from, and what content on our Websites and platform is of interest to them. We use this information for internal behaviour analysis purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Websites and platform to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Website and of our platform may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to subscribe to receive updates and the latest news about Compleye or information to plan a demo meeting.
What is the purpose of processing your personal data?
We process your personal data in accordance with the provisions of Data Protection Regulation. We will only use and process your personal data we obtain in the context of commercial relationship and/or to improve the functionalities of our Website. We intend to use and process your personal data under the following conditions:
- For the performance of contractual obligations.
- To improve the functionalities of our Website.
- Where we are required to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- When you have provided us with your explicit and informed consent to do so.
In case we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at Info@compleye.io. However, please consider that withdrawing the consent may affect the legal bases of processing of your data, hence we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. If this is the case, you will be advised accordingly at the time you withdraw your consent.
Who does Compleye share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To our third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Statement or notified to you when we collect your personal information. These third party service providers and partners include:
- WordPress Engine
- Google analytics and Google Meet
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does Compleye keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise the data. In cases when this is not possible (e.g., your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You have the right (under the certain circumstances and subject to the exceptions), pursuant to Data Protection Act to:
- The right to access: You have the right to access and request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request us to ratify any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you. We reserve the right to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request us to erase your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability: The Right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
You can exercise any of the above specified data protection rights, by contacting us at: Info@compleye.io.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Statement, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Statement changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement
How to File a Complaint?
If you feel we haven’t addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Address: Bezuidenhoutseweg 30 2594 AV Den Haag
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details Info@compleye.io.